SELECT TEAMS have increased dramatically since lacrosse has become the fastest growing sport in America. Based on this, United Lacrosse proudly presents a select team organization that is second to none. Through hard fought tryouts that conclude with a detailed and fair process of team selection, United Lacrosse believes that its way to both personal and team success is unmatched. Once a player is chosen to play for Team United the challenge truly begins.
Winter Training Sessions: Team United will have indoor winter team training sessions. These team training sessions will stress the fundamentals needed to excel at a high level as well as promote team cohesiveness.
Summer Training Sessions and Practices: Starting in early June, United Lacrosse will hold summer team training sessions for its Team United players. These training sessions will help players maximize their individual strengths and improve their shortcomings. As the tournament season starts, weekly practices will be held to ensure players are being given the best instruction possible.
At team training sessions and practices members of Team United will be coached by players who have reached the highest levels of lacrosse. Team United will create a style of play that is team oriented while also showcasing each player’s individual strengths. A physical man-to-man defense and an up-tempo offense will be the pillars of the Team United style of play.
When choosing a SELECT TEAM, as players and parents you must ask yourself simple questions:
1. In addition to playing in competitive tournaments will I also receive the best possible instruction?
2. Am I joining a team that will have enough training prior to tournaments that will ensure team and personal success?
3. Will I be able to demand the same effort from my coaches as they do from me?
4. Do these coaches know what it takes to play with players from other areas and come together as a TEAM?
5. Will people who have been recruited and played at the highest level of lacrosse coach me?
6. As a player will I always get a fair and honest evaluation from my coaches?
7. If I am good enough to play at the next level (whatever that might be for me,) will the directors and coaches of my team do the best they can to help me with the recruiting process?
8. Will I look back on the select team experience years from now and remember how much fun I had?
When you become a member of Team United SELECT TEAMS every answer to these questions is YES!